Pages

Featured Post

Start Here

I’m starting a new adventure. I have taken more time than I should have to set up this blog… Who knew blogging was so complicated? Back in ...

Monday, January 5, 2015

Second Servings Stew

As a little girl growing up in Germany, one of my favourite things to order was a nice bowl of Goulash soup, with a side of hearty, crusty German bread and creamy butter. I still haven't found the perfect recipe for it, but in my experiments I have made some pretty decent beef stews. It is still one of the most comforting things I can make, and a particular delight on these frigid nights. I recommend keeping your leftovers simmering on the stove, and just keep adding more things to the pot. It's an old trick I learned back when I had a soup blog. (Seriously, how have you not been to the soup blog yet?!?)  Just keep adding more liquid, and more beef, and enjoy your soup all week long. Remember, bring the pot up to a boil each time you add something new, and otherwise simmering on low. Enjoy!

 

[amd-yrecipe-recipe:1]

No comments:

Post a Comment