Pages

Featured Post

Start Here

I’m starting a new adventure. I have taken more time than I should have to set up this blog… Who knew blogging was so complicated? Back in ...

Friday, May 1, 2015

Day 5: Lemon Butter Chicken with Lemon Zucchini








 

Cooking~


The chicken is dressed with a mixture of spices, and then seared in a pan with some butter. Next, a combination of cream, spices and chicken stock is made, and spinach wilted in it. The chicken is returned to the pan and baked. The zucchini is tossed in a bag with oil and lemon, and then supposed to be grilled. (Again, we were lazy about the grill, so I did it on a baking sheet in the oven.)


Review~


The chicken was awesome!  But how could cooking anything in butter and cream come out less than sublime??? I think next time I'd prefer boneless chicken; but boneless-skin-on may be impossible to find, and I'm not sure I'm willing to give up the incredible skin just for the convenience of not having a bone... The zucchini was a little mushy - completely my fault, I let it cook too long. I loved the flavor and the concept of making the lemon salt (I'll be trying this with a variety of things going forward).


IMG_3275


Scoring~


Chicken: 9/10. We will definitely be making this again. Zucchini 7/10 - will see how it grills next time. 


Follow my experiment/adventure cooking Pinterest meals here

No comments:

Post a Comment