Pages

Featured Post

Start Here

I’m starting a new adventure. I have taken more time than I should have to set up this blog… Who knew blogging was so complicated? Back in ...

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Day 2: Coconut Curry Chicken (Crockpot)





Cooking~

As I mentioned in Day 1, I did the prep work for this the night before, while cooking dinner. It was extremely simple. I seeded the pepper, and chopped it and the onion in to chunks.  I tossed those in to the Ninja (I love my Ninja) and blended until they were basically a puree. Per the instructions, I added all of the ingredients (except the water and cornstarch) and processed them all to a nice smooth consistency. I took out the Ninja's blade, covered the container with its lid, and tossed it in the fridge. Then Darling Husband chopped the chicken breast in to chunks, put that in a container, and in the fridge. 

This morning, it was only too simple to put the chicken in the crockpot, pour the curry sauce over it, mix it all up and walk away. When I walked in the door after work, the house smelled delicious, and my mouth couldn't stop watering. 

Our review~

For all the incredible smells, this really didn't have much flavor. There was no heat, no spice, no depth. I sound like a food critic, but honestly, it was really bland. 



Scoring~

3/10. I won't be making this one again, and to be honest, won't be eating the leftovers either. 

Follow my experiment/adventure cooking Pinterest meals here 

No comments:

Post a Comment