Cooking~
This one cooks up pretty fast. I started the quinoa first. The avocado crema was as simple as tossing a few ingredients in the Ninja, and blending away. That goes in the fridge, and then I whipped together the dry rub for the fish. It is supposed to be grilled, but we did this in a pan (still too cold outside!). I couldn't find fresh cilantro or corn on the cob at the store, but I did have frozen corn in the microwave, and a tube of ready to use cilantro in the fridge. I mixed the cilantro with the corn, and heated it up in the microwave. Last, I chopped the tomato, and drained the can of black beans. We layered the quinoa, fish, corn, beans, tomato and crema and dug in!
Review~
This was actually really good (Thankfully! I was starting to lose faith in the magic of Pinterest!) The spices really woke up the normally bland taste of the tilapia, the crema had a nice zing to it, and with the exception of thinking the corn and beans could have used some salt, I was very pleased with the meal!
Scoring~
9/10. We will definitely be making this again, and I'm thankful to have another recipe to add to my book!
Follow my experiment/adventure cooking Pinterest meals here.
Have you tired the one pan Mexican quinoa?! It sounds similar to this dish and it's amazing!!!
ReplyDeleteSend me the pin! I'll give it a go :)
ReplyDelete